These prestigious awards showcase and celebrate the outstanding achievements and contributions made by HR and Learning and Development teams across the UK who are making a real difference in their workplace.
WDP’s new and innovative employee benefits package launched in 2021 following an extensive consultation with staff. It was really important to us to put in place new conditions and benefits that support a happy, healthy, and impactful workforce and this has also helped us to continue to make a significant and positive difference in the work we do.
As well as gathering feedback from our people, we undertook research and benchmarking work, in our sector and beyond. We pushed and challenged ourselves to consider what we could do differently to make a difference. We will be reviewing our offer every two years, demonstrating our commitment to ensuring our pay and reward offer continues to help support us to attract, retain and develop the very best people.
Some examples of our benefits include:
- Annual leave of 30 days, from start of employment, increasing to 33 days over time.
- Sick leave of six months full pay, then six months half pay, from start of employment.
- An additional day’s leave for the following important life events: birthday, getting married/civil partnership, moving house, and child’s first day of school.
- Access to confidential counselling and practical support via our Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Perkbox rewards and benefits, where all WDP staff can enjoy a wide variety of discounts – from fitness and wellbeing providers such as Puregym or Boxx and retailers like Argos or Snow & Rock – as well as freebies from Café Nero or Greggs, and free courses from the Skills Network.
- Other support we offer includes leave for: IVF (both partners eligible), adoption, gender transition, dependents, miscarriage (both partners eligible), pet bereavement and domestic abuse.
Anna Whitton, CEO of WDP said, “Our team have worked incredibly hard to develop and implement this important project. Being shortlisted for this CIPD award really recognises the careful time and attention invested in developing a strong and diverse employment offer. We are really proud of it!”
Read the full blog post here.
DDN magazine is a free publication self-funded through advertising.
We are proud to work in partnership with many of the leading charities and treatment providers in the sector.
This content was created by WDP