Every September Change Grow Live celebrates Recovery Month. From poetry, to carpentry, film-making to walking, their services have been getting creative as they mark the occasion this year.
- Hull – Recovery Street Film Festival 2020 winners. It’s the first time a Change Grow Live service has won the festival, so it’s an especially big achievement for everyone involved.
- West Sussex – recovery poetry and art. The creative writing group has continued over Zoom and featured incredible poems from people at all stages of their recovery.
- Manchester created ‘a road to recovery’ bench. Volunteer Anthony has been getting creative by building a bench and table. His creations will be placed in the garden at Bradnor Point, the same service hub that Anthony used to attend.
- Hertfordshire – Words of wisdom. Service users from Spectrum in Hertfordshire have shared some of their experiences of recovery.
- Blackburn – a breath of fresh air. At Inspire Blackburn with Darwen, staff organised a series of walks to get everyone out and about in the fresh air.
Find out more here more about their brilliant Recovery Month 2020 activities and personal experiences of what recovery means to the people they support.
Find out more and read the full article at www.changegrowlive.org
DDN magazine is a free publication self-funded through advertising.
We are proud to work in partnership with many of the leading charities and treatment providers in the sector.
This content was created by CGL, and first appeared on www.changegrowlive.org