A service to provide holistic support to people in Barnsley with mental health and / or learning difficulties. It has an early intervention and preventative focus to support individuals to improve health, wellbeing and independence, enabling people to have choice and control of their lives.
The Early intervention Prevention & support Service which mental health inclusion is part of, is a low level mental health service. Humankind are commissioned via Barnsley council to deliver this service.
Humankind are looking for volunteers to support people living with mental wellbeing issues to offer support and companionship to help with their recovery journey.
The support will be provided for 3-6 months.
Due to social distancing, the support offered will be telephone based. The focus of the support will include some/all of the following:
- To prevent social isolation
- To reduce feelings of loneliness
- To increase independence
- To encourage people to make positive choices and decisions that affects them
- To increase people’s ability to take part in purposeful activities
- To have a better understanding of one’s mental wellbeing by attending one of our structured groups
The role involves:
- Supporting and signposting service users
- Being motivational
- Talking positively about recovery
- Supporting people to access and engage with the service