Applications closing date: 01/01/2023
We are looking for a range of volunteers to provide one-off activity sessions for residents at the two hostels: Discovery House and Endeavour House.
Specific activities we would like to organise for the residents are:
- Music – teaching/playing together. Can be instruments or DJing (equipment is not provided)
- DIY skills – teaching residents how to do basic home maintenance such as how to change a lightbulb, how to rewire a plug etc.
- Arts and crafts – decorating the communal areas for seasonal events
- Exercise activities e.g., circuit training, yoga, Pilates etc
- Running a game/quiz night
- To organise and create a varied activities programme, from organised hobbies to group events, all of which will support our resident’s needs
- To consider a range of activities that cater for all residents; for example, prep, cook and eat sessions, exercise/relaxation/yoga, and self-care sessions
- To work with residents, establishing their hobbies and areas of interest
- To develop and implement activities that are culturally and sensitively appropriate
- To encourage and motivate residents to take part in the activities
and much more...