Hays Social Care are recruiting for a leading charity who specialise in supporting and helping survivors of domestic violence.
Your new role
- Effectively manage and develop a high quality, innovative and pro-active domestic abuse team.
- Manage a team of IDVAs, conducting supervision and case reviews to ensure safe practice.
- Ensure that the service prioritises the safety, security and dignity of service users and their children.
- Carry a small caseload, supporting domestic abuse victim/survivors to increase their safety.
- Liaise and provide domestic abuse awareness training to other professionals within the CJS.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will need a passion for working with victim/survivors and a thorough understanding of domestic abuse and its impact.
- Knowledge of the issues facing women, children and men affected by violence against women and girls along with the ability to identify women’s individual and collective needs
- A thorough understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence and harmful practices and its impact on women, children, families, and communities.
- Experience of managing a team delivering front line support to victims or domestic abuse or vulnerable people to a high standard
- To be Non-judgemental, non-directive and anti-discriminatory approach to empowering victim/survivors of domestic abuse
- The ability to speak Urdu, Tamil, Sylheti/Bengali, Punjabi, Polish, or Lithuanian is beneficial
- If you hold the Saferlives qualification you will receive the qualified salary if not the client will pay for you to gain your qualification to then receive the qualified salary scale.
- It’s hybrid: Mon/Fri WFH Tues/ Thurs Colocation (Romford) Weds office team day (Barking).
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Daniel.Essery@hays.com or 07841097188 for an informal chat.