The Forward Trust, are a UK leading provider of drug and alcohol treatment services to offenders. We deliver treatment and recovery support – in prisons and in the community – which helps people move away from addiction and crime. These services provide a variety of support, including advice, counselling, group work and intensive treatment. At The Forward Trust we believe that all people who are addicted to or misusing substances should have access to support which is effective in protecting their health, and motivating them to take steps towards their own recovery. Over 20 years of pursuing this mission, we have been successful in moving thousands of drug dependent offenders away from a lifestyle revolving around crime, and drug or alcohol dependence.
What you will be doing?
You will provide group session interventions for clients with health and substance related issues and it’s important that as a Health and Wellbeing Practitioner you utilise your specialist facilitation group work skills, knowledge and experience, taking a holistic approach and working closely with the team leader, to help our clients to better manage their physical and/or mental health and wellbeing through the services we provide. The role is vital in improving the links between the Health and Wellbeing service and the service users within the prison.
- Carry out assessments risk/initial/comprehensive to inform treatment journeys and interventions relevant to individual client needs including 1:1 sessions and group work/programme facilitation.
- Develop and contribute to the through care needs of service users, supporting them in the development of release plans which are appropriate to their needs.
- Engage with regular service audits ensuring that any issues are escalated and addressed in a timely manner and good practice is effectively shared throughout the service to ensure continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the overall smooth running of the service by being proactive and solution focused.
- Ensure groups and programmes are facilitated and co-facilitated to the standard required by Forward and in accordance with any relevant manuals.
- Meet required KPI’s to corresponding deadlines, as set out by the Service Manager.
- Plan and manage your caseload effectively, making sure that clients are prioritised appropriately and seen in a timely manner.
- Review ongoing care and treatment liaising closely with healthcare and other agencies.