At CLI through our dedicated support services, peer-led mentoring, and practical and emotional support, we help people who have experience of the criminal justice system, addiction, homelessness, and mental ill-health, to recognise their potential as individuals, build their self-worth, their self-esteem and achieve their aspirations.
As a Recovery Community Development Lead you will be responsible for leading the continued development of the Bedfordshire Recovery Community and expand the range of opportunities for people with lived experience of addiction to support the development of local policy and local services. You will be responsible for managing the Volunteer Coordinator and working together to ensure opportunities for service user involvement, volunteering and peer mentoring remain integral to our service.
You will work in partnership with staff, volunteers, and the people we support to guarantee that we maintain a high-quality service which meets the needs of those engaged.
The successful candidate will commit to working in line with our workplace values which are:
- People first – people are our top priority. We care so everyone can be their best.
- Community – our actions and support help build stronger communities where people can find their place and thrive.
- Transformation – we do challenging work, creating positive change that helps people move on with their lives.
- Excellence – we strive to always be our best, to exceed expectations, to learn from our mistakes.
- Trust – we trust ourselves, our colleagues and those we work with to do the right thing, to show integrity, acceptance, respect and fairness in all we do.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- Training opportunities and career development
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Christmas closure between Christmas and New Year for all employees
- Life insurance (5 x annual salary)
- Reflective practice – a group process that helps us to grow and develop professionally and personally, support us to build resilience and offers the space to consider how to balance work and life pressures
- Company phone and laptop provided to all staff
- Annual awards ceremony and celebration
Community Led Initiatives is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, marital status, disability, or age. All applicants are considered based on their merits and abilities for the job.