As a Progression Coach within our Gateway Services, you will be a senior support member of staff responsible for providing positive interventions to young people risk of homelessness and lack the support or skills to prevent their situation worsening.
- You will be working with partners to ‘upstream’ referral access to create positive change well before crisis’ occur wherever possible.
- You will support individuals to create self-determined outcomes around accommodation, financial stability, meaningful activities, and positive support networks.
- You will sit as part of a team that adopts some of the principles of a ‘self-managed’ team where management support will be provided but each staff member working on the project will take responsibility for an element of the day-to-day operational management of the service.
- You will help build a detailed understanding of the circumstances of the young people accessing the service, the systemic barriers they face, and the intervention approaches needed to support them to feed into designing the future of the service as it develops.
- You will manage your own caseloads of around 30 individuals as well as building up networks with all key partners.
Resilience and a sense of humour are key attributes that will help you to be successful in this role.
There will be flexibility to accommodate some home working, but you will predominately be working out in the community and an office base will be agreed depending on the district you will be working.