The Forward Trust, are a UK leading provider of drug and alcohol treatment services to offenders. We deliver treatment and recovery support – in prisons and in the community – which helps people move away from addiction and crime. These services provide a variety of support, including advice, counselling, group work and intensive treatment. At The Forward Trust we believe that all people who are addicted to or misusing substances should have access to support which is effective in protecting their health, and motivating them to take steps towards their own recovery. Over 20 years of pursuing this mission, we have been successful in moving thousands of drug dependent offenders away from a lifestyle revolving around crime, and drug or alcohol dependence.
What you will be doing?
You will be responsible for contributing to the targets set by Forward and the local commissioners. One of the key targets will be measuring outcomes, so co-operative working relationships with other partner agencies is vital to this role. In order to compliment clinical provision you may be required to complete second signatory and oral swab testing.
Flexibility will be required in this role, this may include some evening/weekend shift and with reasonable notice to travel to other projects in your cluster to deliver services, enabling continuity of care for the client group.
- Carry out interventions relevant to individual client needs including 1:1 sessions and group work/programme facilitation.
- Develop and contribute to the through care needs of service users, supporting them in the development of release plans which are appropriate to their needs.
- Ensure groups and programmes are facilitated and co-facilitated to the standard required by Forward and in accordance with any relevant manuals.
- Review ongoing care and treatment liaising closely with healthcare and other agencies.
- Engage with regular service audits ensuring that any issues are escalated and addressed in a timely manner and good practice is effectively shared throughout the service to ensure continuous improvement.