Introducing Forward Trust
We are The Forward Trust (formerly RAPt and Blue Sky), the social enterprise with charitable status that empowers people to break the often interlinked cycles of crime and addiction to move forward with their lives. For more than 25 years we have been working with people to build positive and productive lives, whatever their past. We believe that anyone is capable of lasting change. Our services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
To coach and prepare learners, clients and job seekers for the world of work and a range of job, agency and apprenticeship roles
- Build strong relationships with colleagues in the unit, and make full use of the support offered by the RSM and Head Office functions.
- Accurately identify the needs of the learners/job seekers, to understand their challenges, career ambitions, strengths & development areas, future job roles and/or training opportunities.
- Deliver high quality end to end information, advice and guidance to customers / learners on our employability programmes.
- Induct, assess and ’on-board’ learners / job seekers.
- Promote and develop the mind-set, emotional intelligence qualities, self-confidence and esteem so that the learners/job seekers succeed in the world of work.
- Complete goal focused action plans / ILRs for all referred learners/clients and provide support and motivation for clients to implement their action plans.
- Coach the learners on a one to one and group basis based on the Forward Trust ES Methodology and Theory of Change
- Prepare CVs, cover letter and job/apprenticeship application forms with learners.
- Introduce learners and job seekers to a `strengths based’ recruitment approach to succeeding in job interviews.
- Undertake job search with the learners/job seekers using relevant web-based software and packages.
- Short-list, pre-select and match/submit learners/job seekers to vacancies/work experience opportunities.
- Arrange interviews for learners/job seekers where appropriate.
- Prepare learners/job seekers to a high standard for interview with employers.
- Engage and maintain regular contact and in work support with learners/job seekers at agreed intervals to ensure they sustain their work experience, job or apprenticeship (as indicated by the contracts)
- Ensure learners demonstrate and sustain progression into apprenticeships and employment.
- Get feedback and act on regular feedback from learners/job seekers and employers.
- Use the relevant case management and performance management system used by ES including any ICT packages.
- Support the delivery of any partner events, job fairs, workshops and seminars that get learners ready for the world of work.
- Ensure contractual compliance is maintained to the highest standard at all times
- Comply with safeguarding/Prevent agenda, Health and Safety and other policies and procedures.
- Work with colleagues to achieve effective performance management, including weekly performance reporting and monthly reviews
- Meet required KPI’s to corresponding deadlines, as set out by the Manager.
- Plan and manage your caseload effectively, making sure that learners/job seekers are prioritised appropriately and seen in a timely manner.