We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader to join the organisation as Chief Executive Officer, to develop the strategic aims of the organisation and set the overall direction.
Steps2Recovery is an award-winning London based charity committed to helping people caught in the cycle of addiction, homelessness, and prison. Our organisational culture is rooted in the 12 Steps, and we offer our clients a three-month therapeutic treatment programme, secure accommodation and guaranteed move on housing. We are seeking to appoint a talented CEO who will embody the charity’s vision and personify its values.
Reporting to, and working closely with, the Chair of the Board of Trustees, the Chief Executive will provide leadership and direction to Steps2Recovery in the development and achievement of its vision, mission, and values.
The post holder will be the lead senior executive with overall responsibility for the operation of the organisation.
Working closely with the Chair of the Board of Trustees, the Chief Executive Officer will:
- Promote and develop the whole organisation in terms of size, turnover and service areas
- Be responsible for income generation and turnover
- Ensure cash flow and expenditure are in line with income
- Represent the organisation, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally – both as key speaker and as delegate
- To network within the Addiction and Criminal Justice sectors in order to develop operational and financial opportunities.
- Ensure abstinence-based recovery and the 12 Step Model are promoted within the sector to partners and influencers.
- Long Term Planning & Sustainability
- Partnerships and Policy Development
- Financial Management
- People Management
As Chief Executive, you will be educated to degree level, or postgraduate professional qualification, or be able to demonstrate equivalent qualifications, skills and experience.
You will have experience of:
- Minimum of three years’ experience of leading teams in the not-for-profit or Criminal Justice/Addiction sectors.
- Substantial experience of business and strategic planning, with an ability to track performance against objectives and deliver results.
- Developing and fostering close working relationships with a Board of Directors or Trustees, in particular the Chair of the Board
- Human resource management, including recruitment, succession planning and workforce development
- Successful delivery of bids
- An understanding of therapeutic treatment modalities with a specific commitment to abstinence-based recovery and the 12 Step programme
- Income generation and maximisation
- Strategic and day to day financial management
You may also have experience in areas such as CEO, Chief Exec, Chief Executive, Director, Head of, Senior Executive, Managing Director, MD, Manager, Board Member, Chair of the Board, CFO, COO, Community Support.
We may consider a job share for the right candidates.