You would be working as part of a healthcare team with a mixture of psychosocial and clinical interventions.
There are many opportunities to develop new skills and this role is ideal for nurses seeking to broaden their knowledge and understanding of caring for high risk adults often with complex needs.
We emphasise good collaborative working across teams and regular cross functional meetings to encourage learning and development within the team.
As a non medical prescriber you will be doing:
- Medical assessments and reviews for opiate dependent service users
- Administer Buvidal Injections
- Administer vaccinations
- Carry out outreach/home visits to complex service users
- Take part in multi-disciplinary Team meetings
- Will be delivering PSI elements in your medical appointments
- Contribute to the training and development of recovery workers
- Provide professional clinical advice to external clinical agencies
- Assess service user suitability for detox and rehab
- Assess service user suitability for community alcohol detox
The successful candidate will be registered general or mental health nurse with prescribing qualification who is driven to provide high-quality clinical assessment and treatment to substance dependent users.
You are driven to deliver high standards of nursing care and interventions and demonstrate leadership qualities. You have a flexible and can-do approach to work, invested in providing great care to our clients.