Are you looking for a challenging, creative, rewarding and fast paced work environment? Do you want the opportunity to be part of a nurse-led service utilising all of your clinical and interpersonal skills?
If yes then Prison Nursing is for you.
The Forward Trust, are a UK leading provider of drug and alcohol treatment services to offenders. We deliver treatment and recovery support – in prisons and in the community – which helps people move away from addiction and crime. These services provide a variety of support, including advice, counselling, group work and intensive treatment. At The Forward Trust we believe that all people who are addicted to or misusing substances should have access to support which is effective in protecting their health, and motivating them to take steps towards their own recovery. Over 20 years of pursuing this mission, we have been successful in moving thousands of drug dependent offenders away from a lifestyle revolving around crime, and drug or alcohol dependence.
We believe and are committed to providing opportunities to all people including those with ‘Lived Experience’ we encourage applications from all background including those in recovery from addiction, co-dependency or gambling, have experience of previous offending or homelessness.
What you will be doing?
The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of high standards of nursing care and psychosocial interventions to patients admitted to the service according to their clinical needs and in accordance with up-to-date evidence based practice and relevant clinical protocols and policies. The post holder needs to have an understanding of all aspects of security and safety consistent with working within a custodial framework.
- To provide interventions and support for drug and alcohol users with complex needs as part of a recovery plan. This may include triage, assessment; administration of controlled drugs, and other prescribed medication, group facilitation and 1:1 key working
- To participate in effective assessment of care needs, providing a high standard of care to clients in keeping with the philosophy and operational policies of the Prison, in addition to Forward policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement & evaluate programmes of care using a problem solving approach that ensures the needs of each individual patients are met throughout their admission, including detailed arrangements for through-care, transfer/discharge.
- To participate in delivering training on substance misuse issues to wider stakeholders
- To be able to provide support and leadership to junior members of the team